- Private van transportation to and from Bolzano (our usual pick up point, but pick up from other places can be arranged at an additional cost).
- Five nights (twin accommodation – single rooms have a surcharge – whatever they charge us) at a family run four star hotel with a spa/wellness area in Alta Badia – the heart of the Dolomites.
- Five breakfasts and dinners, (lunch would be on your own at a mountain lodge/refugio and usually costs around $20-25).
- Five awesome day hikes with one of our world-class local mountain guides.
- Assistance with pre and post trip planning – (we highly recommend staying a few nights at Desenzano on Lake Garda which we know very well. We also know local guides there who can show you around).
- Bolzano can be easily reached by train from Milan, Lake Garda or Venice.
- We can do the above for last year’s tour price of $2,495 per person.
Our 5 day/5 night Dolomites Walking Tours run mid- June through September.
The Dolomites are a Disneyland for walkers and those who love beautiful alpine views. U.N.E.S.C.O. declared the Dolomites “the world’s most beautiful natural architecture” and awarded it a World Heritage Nature Site in June, 2009 – the same month Gary Scott fell in love with the beauty and charm of the Dolomites.
He has spent every summer there since exploring and taking people on incredible day hikes. We have continued to refine and improve our Dolomite Walking Tour to include the very best hikes, views, hotels and restaurants the Dolomites have to offer while avoiding crowds and minimizing the drive time. We know that you will love the incredible variety of beautiful sights and awesome walks you’ll experience.
Hosted by award-winning tour leader Gary Scott, the tour price includes private van transportation, 5 nights 4 star accommodation, 5 amazing breakfasts and dinners. Single travelers get their own room at a small additional charge. Affordable private and/or family tours are available. Our small group tours are limited to eight people and we usually sell out early. If Gary is booked on a private tour you will hike with one of our excellent local guides.
Our goal on this tour is to see the best of the Dolomites of South Tyrol while doing a lot of great walks, enjoying great local food and wine and while having time to explore and relax on your own. There are walks for almost any level of experience and fitness and Gary is an expert at matching the right walk to you. You don’t need to be a “hiker” or a mountain goat to enjoy these walks. We utilize the extensive cable car system available and so avoid big ascents and descents and we avoid big drops and steep trails.
- 4 - 8 people
- 8:45 AM in Bolzano, Italy, Steps of the Parkhotel Laurin
- 11 AM - Bolzano, Italy. Bolzano Main Train Station
- 4 Star Hotels, 5 Breakfasts & dinners
- Private van
- All levels available - no hiking experience necessary
- Iconic Dolomites walks & hikes
- Hiking with an expert Dolomites guide
- Alta Badia, Val Gardena & more
- Cinque Torri – “The Five Towers”
- The best views in the Dolomites
- Tyrolean hamlets & Italian villages
- Learn about the Ladin culture
- WW1 trenches & tunnels tour
- Fabulous 4 star hotels.
- Incredible local cuisine
- Local cuisine, wines & beer